Introduction
"Why do you do what you do?" has got to be one of the most worthwhile questions there is, don't you think?
This is a blogging challenge, which I was nominated to participate in by my good friend Michaela Cristallo. She's the founder of For The Creators - a website that was created to inspire you, get you moving, unstuck, fired up and ready to create! You can read her post here.
(Thanks for passing the baton onto me, Michaela, here's my entry!)
Reason #1: I am a writer.
You might say my first reason is a selfish one, but first and foremost, I created The Authorship Program® for myself. As soon as I came to terms with the fact that I was a writer, and always would be, I wanted to create something that would make the emotional and practical process easier. Every time.
I'll probably never get the Oprah Winfrey show now I’ve admitted that, but it’s the truth, what can I say!
Reason #2: Writing is hard.
I genuinely believe that without the right tools and guidance, writing a book will be one of the hardest things you ever do. There are a million wannabe writers out there for every one person who actually dreams up, plots and outlines, writes, completes, edits and publishes a book.
Writing a book is like running a marathon inside your head. - (Tweet this!)
Reason #3: There's a lack of emotional support for writers.
If the people around you aren’t writers themselves, it can be hard for them to relate to your problems, or even to take them seriously. They have no idea how it feels to have a “talent” you have to work so hard for, and they probably don’t even see the point of it all.
It’s almost impossible to succeed if you’re surrounded by people who don’t understand you, or the trials you’re going through.
I like to think I give writers someone to turn to. The Authorship Program® might just be a book, but you won’t find anything more dedicated to your wellbeing, written by someone who has actually lived it. Until they create an emergency hotline just for writers, it’s the best thing for you.
Reason #4: I never, ever, ever want anyone to feel like their talent is a curse.
That is exactly how society wants you to feel. They want to make you feel like being creative is something to be ashamed of, and that it isn’t worth pursuing.
Creativity is one of the few things in life that is truly worth pursuing. - (Tweet this!)
I want to be able to say to writers: “This is the life God has chosen for you. I know it might not be what you would have chosen for yourself, but here’s something to help you get through it.”
Reason #5: I want to be there for you along your journey.
Yes, you, reading this post.
I want to be the friend that is always there for you, through my book and my program. The one who is never "too busy". The one that supports you in spite of all the people in your life that don’t. We’ll show ‘em.
Over to you...
It’s my pleasure to now pass the baton onto three wonderful people:
Lauren SapalaLauren is a writer and a writing coach.
Her blog is meant to nourish, heal, spark, and empower your creative flame. If you’re interested in improving your writing, and building your confidence as a writer, she can help you.
http://www.laurensapala.com.
Kayla Hollatz
Kayla is known as “the full-time creative.”
She works in PR at @ThinkSEM and is a midnight poet.
She blogs for creativepreneurs + multi-passionate pros - and she’s fueled by passion projects, adventure and hot cocoa.
http://www.kaylahollatz.com.
YOU
It would make me ridiculously happy if now that you've read this post, you feel inspired to write your own "Why I Do What I Do". Feel free to tell everyone I nominated you, if you like.
Don't forget to come back here and post it in the comments below because I would LOVE to read yours.
Thanks for reading!



No comments:
Post a Comment